Thursday, May 31, 2007

I'm proud of this friend

Jamie Estes started making natural soaps in her kitchen 8 years ago. We taught writing courses together for our homeschool co-op.

Now, she's got a "factory" and ships all over the country to shops and individuals. Her storefront/factory is in Walhalla, a town 6 miles from me.



Below, she stands next to racks of hundreds of bars of soap curing. I like her coffee soap.



My husband uses her shaving soap and it smells great!
Her website is
Thistle Ridge Soap

5 comments:

LauraLiz said...

Wow!

One day when life is a little less hectic (I've been waiting a looong time) I'm going to give this website a good look.

Susanne Barrett said...

Wonderful -- I love handmade soaps and have wanted very much to make my own....

MaryD said...

Special to recognize and enjoy the accomplishment of a friend... it's pretty impressive!

SUSAN said...

I love success stories...especially homeschool Mom success stories. hehe
Very cool friend you have!

Susan

Dalissa McEwen Reeder said...

I am impressed! Like, Susan, I too like success stories especially the hs mom variety.

(btw sorry for commenting from my written blog as opposed to my 365- d)