Friday, May 18, 2007

Going to Seed



OK. So collards are green leafy veggies right? But looky here! When they go to seed, they first produce little yellow flowers, and then they make these bean looking seed pods! We are letting our garden go to seed to see how the next generation grows.



And these are broccoli plants going to seed.
You know, going to seed means we reach the end to which we were made, we complete our purpose, we've been through the whole cycle of life --- It's when we are most fascinating and amazing!

4 comments:

LauraLiz said...

I love all the squiggly shadows in your collards photo--and I really like that I've seen your garden and can picture you there!!

Susanne Barrett said...

I love the idea of "going to seed" and having accomplished a life's work by that time ... thanks for the thought! :)

Sandie said...

I like the garden shots. I have tried to get a good garden going since we have lived here, but all I have is a couple flower beds...and I let them go to seed every year.

MaryD said...

This is a cool shot, and the thought accompanying it is very interesting... we go to seed AFTER we've produced fruit... each in time.